Feb 1, 2010

As Katy Perry said on American Idol...'I feel dirty'

Ok..this headline (link) on CNN made me feel a little dirty...not sure why...it certainly made my skin crawl anyway..


Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot


It seems that if you want to have a 'relationship' with a woman now you don't need to have a real one (woman that is) anymore!
These new sex dolls can converse as well as perform other duties (gag!)...
OK (hoists self on high horse) where do I begin?


1. OMG how ugly is the doll? If I was male and it was a choice between dipping my wick in this or not, I'd choose not (or at least invest in a paper bag - cause that would be weird as the paper bag would be talking to me.) I mean come on please tell me, if you are male whether this would make Percy flop?


2. I'm guessing that Mr Hines is the chief tester..I'm just saying. Well guess what Mr Hines, once you've have sold thousands of these to the male public you wont need Roxxxxy anymore as you'll be able to buy a 'relationship'
3. Roxxxxxy? it's like calling a dog?
4. Surely the fact that most of these dolls are speechless is the point... ahh it's ok there is an off switch!
5. Roxxxy won't be available for delivery for several months, but Hines is taking pre-orders through his Web site, TrueCompanion.com, where thousands of men have signed up."They're like, 'I can't wait to meet her,' " Hines said. "It's almost like the anticipation of a first date." - Yes make sure you buy her flowers and take her for a steak dinner why dont you...and guess what she's guaranteed to put out on that first date too! (gross)
6.Hines believes that Roxxxy is a step above other love dolls -- the similar but mute RealDoll costs about $5,500 -- because her conversational abilities provide something close to emotional companionship. His customer base? Shy, awkward or older men who "have trouble meeting girls," he says. Is it me ? Surely this isn't helping the shy awkward types who have trouble meeting girls? This is going to confine them to their bedrooms (and rest of house)..you're never going to come out if you've got one of these to play with at home?
7. "There's really nothing like this on the market," said Hines, who speaks of his unique creation with what seems like genuine affection. "Whenever she's out in public, everyone wants to talk to her and pose for pictures. It's so cute." Like I said ...chief tester...

Can't get any worse?



There are some brilliant observations in that article...and I think that you will be left feeling a little dirty too..
I'm off for a shower!

2 comments:

Brahm said...

Yikes.

All I can say is "ewwwww...."

That guy needs to leave the basement and date a real woman (or man)!

Brahm said...

Hey Clare - Long time no post... are you on vacation?? Where's my reading material? All about me...

Anyhoo, got a kreativ blogger award and passing on to you!

Check it out at http://alfredliveshere.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...