Feb 11, 2010

Blog Design

Update

Readers have been asking me for some posts explaining how I designed my new blog... What I'm going to do first is post the sites where I found all the info and then write some instructions myself!, but without these fellow bloggers I'd be stuck with my old design, which wasn't too bad, but it was someone elses template and ideas..

First stop was to see Amanda for advice on custom fonts, signatures and ideas.. just looking at her site makes you want to get designing! I was able to download some free fonts and some extra bits (like the stitching)

Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!



Next on to find some digital scrap booking papers and other bits....
 I found this kit at Twisted Summertime Designs - perfect for Gary's Blog
 

I also found some nice background paper and the cute bow at the Shabby Princess  - click the link to got to a fantastic tutorial page.

Lastly I got loads of advice from The Three Column Blogger who makes understanding the HTML side things very easy and talks you through creating a three column blog.

Without your help guys I'd still be walking around in th widerness...thanks for sharing!!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...