Have you ever totalled up how much it actually costs to have a dog...
After spitting out my coffee in shock at the $400 bill for Christmas lodgings for Gary ( well I can watch him on the internet and gets to play all day too!) I started to calculate Gary's monthly out goings...
1. Organic food - now poor little Gary can't eat the regular mix of snout, hoof & entrails because of skin breakouts his food has doubled in cost every month from $15 - $30 .. thats $360 / year!
2. Organic treats - now some of my pet owning friends ( who shall remains nameless ) never give their dog any treats. And when I bought their dog a bag of chews, said dog looked at me like I was the dog whisperer.. no wonder he always wants to get in my bag when I leave her house.. ...$10 ...$120 / year
3. Bi-monthly groom... $50 / time ... $300 / year
4. Insurance... $35 / month ... $420
5. Random doggy day and overnight stays..estimate $650 / year remembering he has ice cream and smoothies whilst he is there!
6. Dog park visits $11 / visit - approx $100
7.Toys.. $50 / year
8. Christmas stocking $50
O.K. lets total that.... HOLY COW
Thats a mortgage payment!!! or a car down payment...
That's it... if he doesn't behave I'm trading him in for a new car...its not like he's cute or anything...