Aug 24, 2011

Dirty little secret... still couponing

So some of you may have read that I started to have a dirty little secret back in April this year when I became a touch addicted to couponing

http://garythedog.blogspot.com/2011/04/couponing-its-my-new-addiction.html

Well my addiction is still going strong and I have become somewhat of a couponing guru to my family and friends. My Sister in Law has bought vitamins at Publix to last her into 2013, and she paid absolutely nothing! In fact that deal is running on Sundown Vitamins until Aug 26th if you need any!

It's got past just coupons.. whenever I want to buy anything now I look for the best deals and then shop through Shop At Home.. this gives me money back on all my purchases.

I don't know about you but I buy loads of things off the internet, so why not go to the same stores I normally do (Old Navy, Travelocity and Best Buy to name a few) and get money back on all my purchases. It's just a small percent each time, but I've booked hotels and bought a new TV among other things recently and have had 3 $20 checks for nothing but using their site as a click through!

I also used Groupon and other similar sites for cheap restaurant deals... Anne and I ate out for $2 + $5 tip on a $35 check last week !

So am I saving any money? or buying things we don't need? - I've calculated (in my super sweet excel spreadsheet) that I'm saving approximately 73% now on my grocery bills.. this week I paid $45 in Publix and saved $202.. it can be done and just needs a little work, a sharp pair of scissors and a little internet savvy.


The best bit is that I have also been able to donate some of my haul..

We have a close family friend who is surviving on the bread line after some serious medical issues who I have been able to send hundreds of dollars of toiletries, food and pet supplies for just a few dollars out of pocket.. and my kitchen currently has three huge boxes of donations for the local food bank. It's a good feeling to know that my hard work is benefiting more than just us.

If you are interested in getting started message me and I'll let you know what you need to do to get up and running!!

In the meantime, at least get a shop at home account and get some money back on those Christmas purchases you know you are going to make on the net!!! Shop at Home.



Photobucket
If you have a blog, please leave me the link when you comment, so I can stalk you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...