Apr 14, 2011

Couponing ...it's my new addiction.....

Those of you in the UK will not understand this at all as Coupons went out, as my Mom said earlier, with the war! Whilst you collect your Tesco club points or swipe your Nectar for you free shopping or air miles, over this side of the pond you collect coupons.. (too be fair I mostly used my Tesco Club Card for scraping ice off the car!)

I have lived here five years already and at no point have I ever collected coupons... until I watched a bit of 'Extreme Couponing' on TLC.

Hubby was snoozing on the sofa one night, I was working and this program came on in the background..

..'I saved 98% on my shopping bill'..

Well that's enough to make anyone look up!

I watched as these crazy couponers stockpiled toothpaste, soup and diapers. I thought.. I don't even eat canned soup!!.. but a little flame was lit..

Since February I have been learning how to shop to save money.. and with gas the way it is, I thought it would offset some of extra bills we are getting...

Well I have been completely shocked... and I'm starting to become a little obsessive about saving money (that's a good thing though right!?)

I look up the ads for my stores I go to each week, and see what is one sale, BO GO etc and then I decide what I can use.. I mean I don't have babies, so I not diaper shopping, no matter how cheap they are... and then I buy the Sunday paper for the coupons and order coupons from a clipping service for all the items that I want to buy.
The Sunday papers over here have 'inserts' jammed packed with coupons! for all sorts of things...



I'm no stockpiler, I'm only interested in things we are going to eat or use in the next few months, but I even have a little wallet that stays in my purse that goes to the store with me!

I then (because I'm sad) create an excel spreadsheet of what something will cost, how many coupons I'll need etc and then put the coupons in order (I'm sounding anal aren't I?)

Then I'm ready to shop...

At first I was a novice.. only using one coupon when I could have done two, not planning etc

Now I'm a intermediate couponer... I understand about the planning and doubling...

Will I ever be a Pro or Extreme couponer.. NO.. anyway hubby has banned stockpiles!... but its certainly a buzz to see your shipping bill halved...!!!

Best deals so far...

Husbands regular razors.. normally $4.99  - $6.99 for 3

On sale for BO GO free $4.99 (so 2.50 each)  and I had coupon for $3.00 off each.. you can use two coupons...they paid me!!!! If only you could double up in Florida LOL .. I did stockpile a little here.. we now have razors for about 5 months!!! LOL

Gary's food.. $17.99 - $10 coupon.. $7.99..!!! 2 11lb bags.. Gary will be having a boring diet for the next 3 months!

So how much am I saving.. I spent $180 in the supermarket on Monday, and paid $89... that suits me just fine and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner...

Will I become a dumpster diving coupon lady buying 200 toothpastes? no... or the strange man who bought 1000 boxes of cereal...weird.. it will go off before you can eat it all!.. No I wont.. but will I continue to try and save some money.. absolutely...it's money for nothing apart from a bit of time.

So if you are in line behind me and I get my stack of coupons out.. sorry....

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...