Dec 28, 2009

If only I was single...?

I was just about to close my laptop down this evening when I saw something rather amusing on the BBC website.
Apparently if I was a Japanese single I could purchase a 'Boyfriend' pillow to keep me warm and safe at night!
Japan's single women are being offered the ultimate sleeping partner - a comfort to cuddle up to, but one which does not snore or make demands.

The Boyfriend's Arm Pillow, shaped like a man's torso with one sturdy arm, has been on sale since December and has so far been snapped up by 1,000 singles. Manufacturer Kameo said the pillow's shape also keeps the body balanced. One woman, Junko Suzuki, told AP: "It makes me relaxed... I can hold the arm and feel something warm at my side".
The pillow is only available in Japan, where it costs about 8,500 Yen (£40, $80), and is available in blue, pink or green.
Ms Suzuki, who is separated from her husband, says the pillow has other advantages. "It keeps holding me all the way through. I think this is great because this does not betray me," she told AP.
Ok..so let sum this up...for $80 I can have a subsitute boyfriend / husand, who will never cheat on me, does not snore, sleeps with his arm around me all night instead of for half an hour until his arm goes dead, keeps me warm and does not ask me to get up and get him water (tissues, remote controls etc)...sounds like the best $80 ever spent...I'm surprised they've only sold 1000!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...