It was dark at the time and the true horror of the colour did not hit home until the morning when I was nearly blinded by its 'blueness'!. I have suffered much abuse about my Marg Micra, however I could fit in the smallest parking spaces, and it was nippy to boot! so I don't care if they give me it again in 6 weeks when I'm back. (all my clients loved it too, however I think they were just being polite!)
So Perth... miles from bloody anywhere, this 1.8 million people city (and burbs) is beautiful, if remote. There are no direct flights from the US to Perth, so I always have to fly miles extra to get there...(although this has worked to my advantage as I'm just about to hit gold status with Emirates which means I no longer have to hang out with you lot in the airport!)
What can I tell you about Perth....
- It's stunning... one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited. Dissected by the Swan river (estuary), by the sea and hills either side. Palm trees everywhere and sun nearly everyday. Ranked 5th in best world cities to live in
- It's hot, I mean cook your eggs on your bonnet hot...with hardly any rain (suits me fine :-) )
- There are Brits (from the UK) everywhere...approx 10% of population where born in Britain.. I think they get blinded by the sun and forget how to get home.
- Perth is booming because of its close proximity to the mining and gas fields.
- EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE so don't go unless you have saved some wonga.
- Everything closes early - this will be a huge shock to Americans
|Ok.. not on boat yet, but I wont be getting on of those whilst I'm away ;-)|
|The CBD from the water|
|The old brewery...and some really expensive restaurants and apartments|
|one of the marinas on the way|
|The smallest boat club in WA|
|Me scoffing fish and chips at the famous Cicerellos in Freemantle|
|Time for shopping... cant decide if these are a touch long?|