Aug 11, 2009

Harry Potter Endurance...

Hubby has been on a 'cinema visiting' drive recently...which is fine by me as I love the big screen. At home we have a new cinema ( before we had to drive to Orlando) and it's great to only have a 5 minute ride now, and in Jax we go to Tinseltown which is just up the road..so its hardly a trauma to go!

Any way I digress, we wanted to go and see the new Harry Potter movie, but realised that hubby was well behind in the series and I hadn't seen the last one, so it was off to Blockbuster to stock up on HP for a weekend of catch up.
Well we discovered that Hubby has only actually seen HP1, so that meant we had 4 films to see before we could get to the cinema to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.. OK I'll give it a go as long as we have cinema snacks.. Hubby went for Peanut M&M's and I went for Dark Raisinets ...apparently they have antioxidants in them, so they are healthy right?
We also picked up some 'pop at home' popcorn....which is a semi empty box that you bang in the microwave and 'da darrrr' it fills up magically with the addition of some heat.. quite good actually until wife drinks too much Zinfandel and drops said bucket of popped corn onto the carpet and we scramble to stop Gary going into a popcorn comatose....


By 6pm Sunday 4 Harry Potters have been digested, raisinets and M&M's consumed and Hubby, who had Monday off because we were supposed to go and see Coldplay in Tampa (cancelled because of Chris Martin illness) suggested we go to the 10.15pm performance of the Half Blood Prince... hmmmm 'I think I'm Harry Pottered out' I said ...
Just proves there is only so much HP you can take in such a short period of time, but I'm sure my HP juices will be running again by later in the week, so I'll review the movie then!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...