Aug 18, 2009

You know you are getting old when.....

The Sunday before last we were disappointed to not see Coldplay in Tampa as Chris Martin was ill. We are even more disappointed it has not been re-arranged yet...so basically Coldplay and Live Nation are making a load of interest off us and everyone else - our 4 tickets were $580!

Anyway to make up for it hubbie and decided to go to see Incubus - ( an American Grammy Award-nominated rock band, from Calabasas, California. ) They are sort of alternative rock...and they Rock!!! And their lead singer is a touch hot too, even though I'm not into skinny rockers!



Brandon Boyd - lead singer of Incubus

On the way to the Fairgrounds we stopped at Five Guys Burger & Fries, the best fast food burger in America. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it...you can see my bacon cheesburger here, and their fries are proper 'chips' (in England we call fries chips) with their skins on..they even tell you where the potatoes are from that day when you go in! Yummy!!!

Anyway the subject of the blog was ...you know when you are old when....

Well I haven't been to a concert like this for a while..there is tailgating outside the venue as it is a huge fairgrounds site and the venue is open air save for an awning over the band so i know I'm getting old when ....
  1. We have Ponchos with us in case it rains ! I think we would have been the only ones that would have had ponchos with us as everyone else except the man in front of us with his binoculars ! were young enough to be our kids!2. I am worrying about whether I will be able to drive following the massive contact high I'm getting from the young man pictured in the left of the picture...and when he kindly finished his 'cigarette', 5 girls on the next row down lit up the biggest joint I have ever seen!..

3. Both hubbie & I have to wear our glasses ...and still couldn't see much....where were those binoculars now....

4. When the band finished the regular set I was deafened by the seat smacking and foot stomping for an encore!! Still they came out and gave us 3 more songs so I guess it worked!

I still loved it though and the venue is great when the breeze is blowing like it was Saturday, so we had a great evening...now if we could just get our Coldplay money back.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...