Aug 21, 2009

Vacuous drivel at JFK

Just a quickie as I'm waiting to board my plane at JFK airport back to England. Actually just a little social comment.

I was sat next to two 17/18 year old girls at lunch and could not help but listen to their conversation. I say conversation, but I mean vacuous drivel. You may think vacuous is a cruel word being that it means
1. Devoid of matter; empty.
2.a. Lacking intelligence; stupid.
b. Devoid of substance or meaning; inane: a vacuous comment.
c. Devoid of expression; vacant:

3. Lacking serious purpose or occupation

but the conversation between these two was inane beyond belief. The best line was ... Girl one...'did you see those pretzels that are one side pretzel and one side cracker?', Girl two ' I know aren't they amazing, when I saw them on the television I was like, that's sooo amazing, uber cool'....I give up...what is today's youth coming to?

1 comment:

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Yeh, but have you actually seen those pretzels.... they are fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...