Oct 21, 2009

She'd be mine if I could steal her away!


This blog is for Hannah. She is the beautiful daughter of my friend, Kelli, in Australia. I stayed with them a few weeks back whilst I was working down there and she is a joy..in fact I did ask if I could pack her in my suitcase and bring her home with me. She's pictured here with the flowers she picked for me...what a sweety!  What I did notice is that she had really grown up...I only saw her 9 months previous and she was like a different child...it reminded me of a poem I'd recently read reminding you not to miss out on anything as your children grow and change so quickly..

Where Do The Children Grow © Christy R. Dawson

When you see a smiling face
Their happiness all over the place
Singing, laughing, cries of glee,
Come they say, Play with me
The slide, the swing, the monkey bars.
Look at them close to see who they are.
Lots of races, Ready, Set, Go.
This is how the children grow.


If you watch them everyday
You'll see they learn as they play
They'll do what they see, and say what they hear.
You're their teacher though out the years.
Their ideas and thoughts in their eyes shine.
Imagination is a glimpse of their mind
When you’re not looking, don't you know
This is when the children grow.

 
Watch them as they learn to walk
Listen to them when they talk
Keep them safe, away from harm
Wrap them gently within your arms
Teach them to share and how to take turns.
Set good examples from which they will learn.
At home, at school, wherever they go
This is where the children grow.
 
I don't have children, but when I do I hope that I do as good a job as Nathan and Kelli have with Hannah ( and Noah..love you tooxx)
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clare,

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes xo What a gorgeous person you are ! Hannah absolutely adores you and wishes you were here in Oz always. You are now her 'Auntie Clare' !!

Keep the blogs coming !!
Kelli xoxo

Clare and Gary said...

I'll be her Auntie Clare, and can't wait for her to visit next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...