Sep 29, 2009

The Sebel Hotel, Mandurah, Western Australia

Catching up with all my blogs after being in Australia feels like a big weight on my shoulders, but I'm gradually working my way through them.

Last time I worked in Kwinana, Nr Perth, Australia,  I stayed in Perth driving down everyday.. Kwinana is not the most picturesque area, and its accomodation is limited to the Kwinana Lodge Hotel, where the rooms look like prison cells and I imagine I'd get called Sheila, and a request for a G&T would receive blank looks...

Whilst my hotel was modern in Perth and had all the amenities required, there was no parking and this poses a problem when getting home in the evenings.. So this time I decided to stay in Mandurah at the new Sebel Hotel by Mirvac and drive up to Kwinana everyday. What a good decision (pats self on back) and at only AUS$119 (approx $100) a great deal. If you every find yourself working in Kwinana, stay here. In fact if you ever are visiting this part of the world, stay here, it's that good. These were the views from my room ( and I didn't pay for the sea view - all views look out on water)


And what was my room like you ask?


A snazzy bathroom, office space and flat screen - can't really ask for more!

So all checked in and very happy with my room I decided to take myself on a walk around the vicinity. OK so if I had a free million I'd consider buying around the marina here. Really tastefully done and the views are to dies for...and still just about affordable...They have laid it all out in a canal style with moorings...very nice
Views on my walk around the marina

The weather looks nice, but this is early spring and soon the skies darkened and it was time for a glass of wine, so I headed back. Just by the hotel I saw this lovely weed...I wouldn't normally photograph weeds, but I thought this was beautiful. Even with my Blackberry I managed to capture it's beauty (I think) let me know if you know what it is!

Back a the hotel and I wasn't in the mood to venture out too far for dinner. I'd missed lunch and was starving. Downstairs was 'M at the Point' restaurant. ' Unique Modern Australian cuisine that may include anything from a wagyu beef burger to a delicious gourmet pizza.' was the description...sounded good to me!.


I love eating fish in Australia and had the fish of the day...not sure what it was called but it was delicious. Served on a bed of roasted potatoes and a creamy sauce, I soon polished the lot. I did make a mistake in ordering the roasted vegetable side dish as it was so large - enough for 4, but again yummy. Recommended. Not the cheapest, but the food was  note worthy.

Bye Mandurah, I'll be back one day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.


www.onlineuniversalwork.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...