Sep 1, 2009

Friends, family and retro dinners in UK

So the end of August bought a trip home to the UK. As you may have read already I used Jet Blue and Virgin to get home...recommend both if only for the staff, who are always cheery and professional..Delta please take note. First stop when I was home was to see Anja, one of my best friends. She is a jeweller in Worcester and made my beautiful wedding and engagement rings... I think she looks great in this pic, sporting some suitably expensive pearls..just working on finding her a new beau....any offers filter through me....

The Saturday my Mom pictured below, Dad hiding under the tree out of the sun (yes sometimes there is sun in the UK!!) organised a barbecue for me with my other bestie Anne, my brother and his girlfriend Penny. Penny's kids and then some of the kids from the farm came around too. Also pictured below is Tess, my Mom's lovable Lab..she is so sweet natured and loves all over me when I go back home.Anne catching some rays...she blogged on the barbecue too .The next day my Dad took Anne and I for Sunday lunch ...we went to the The Royal Oak at Broadwas for a carvery. Anne and I decided to have retro starters, she a huge portion of prawn cocktail and I chose Whitebait....we were in retro heaven.. and after a huge carvery lunch we waddled out sated ...a great two days with family and friends..later in the week I would be going for dinner at Anjas to meet her new dog Frosty...

1 comment:

Annie (Lady M) x said...

What a lovely weekend that was..... despite the fact that you made me eat a whitebait when it is obvious that if they were cooked 'whole' they must still have poo in them. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...