Jul 8, 2009

Dinner guests and too much wine

OK...they say you should never blog whilst drunk...it affects your spelling, your objectiveness and you ability to type anything coherent.

Well I'm going to give it a go, and let spell check help me out!

My husband's boss came for an informal dinner this evening..we had antipasto (olives and cippolini onions etc) and some aged provolone from Whole Foods ( for my English buddies..an upscale Waitrose!) with some crusty rosemary bread...delicious...and then roasted vegetable couscous with marinated salmon steaks...

My intention was to take pictures of the whole meal...well that was until Lou, our guest, arrived early, brandishing a super large bottle of Australian Shiraz...

Sooooooooo , you get a picture of the vegetables before they went into the oven..and I'll post the recipes tomorrow!

I can highly recommend the wine..the food tasted good, but that was an age ago...Lou and my husband managed three glasses between them...what I want to know who drank the rest of the bottle?!

Gary was fed too much salmon from the table and is now flat out at my feet...my husband is fast asleep on the sofa next to me and I'm sort of seeing double....should sleep well tonight...Goodnight!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...