Jul 13, 2009

Video et taceo.....I see, and I say nothing



I found out today that I was born on the same day as Elizabeth I, Queen of England...obviously I was not born in 1533, but you know what I mean! I wondered if she had been able to write blogs, on what she might have commented...


Her motto was 'video et taceo' - I see, and I say nothing...so maybe her blogs would have been quite empty, however I think under a pseudonym she would have made a world renown blogger and probably a twitter expert. One of the world's most famous virgins, despite being petitioned by Parliament to get married, I'm sure she still had some tales to tell during her 44 years on the throne...


Speaking of Twitter, I noticed that the current English monarchy now has a twitter account...


Whilst you try to imagine Queen Elizabeth II sat on her sofa, cup of tea in one hand and IPhone in other, commenting on the latest Royal gossip, I'm afraid it's just some of the Royal household updating where the Queen and other Royals will be in the coming days, what charities they are supporting and other non salacious information...if you are curious they are @BritishMonarchy ...I've had a look - they have 9473 followers already!....today their Twits included the the annual Swan census. Yes they count the swans in England, and as my American hubby delights in telling people, the Queen, by some historical quirks of royal prerogative, owns all wild 'mute' swans living in open water ... pretty amusing, but a nice tidbit to throw into a 'did you know' conversation!


I have just started a Twitter account...I'll post the details here when I work it out!
update...follow us on Twitter @garyandclare




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...