Jul 7, 2009

Dog Days.....










Today was a miserable day in Jacksonville (where we live during the week). It has rained intermittently most of the day, at some times really heavily, at other times just sprinkling....guess when Gary wanted to go walking!


I'm sure he can sense the weather change, and had looked glum since our fun walk this morning, where we saw raccoons at the bin store..you can imagine how excited Gary was, although you can't let your dog tangle with a Raccoon, their claws are razor sharp and they are frequent carriers of rabies. I managed to get a quick pic on my Blackberry...shame they are so vicious cause they are super cute.


Anyway I digress. Gary had spent most of the day on the bed, looking glum. I tried to coax him out with biscuits and ice cubes, but he always returned to the bed. He was even too miserable to play with his ball..so I left him alone and went to do some work on my website..http://www.lovesparkles.com/ which I'm in process of re-writing... it was getting greyer and more miserable outside and there had been a few claps of thunder. Now Gary is not scared of storms, but they do wake him up, and in he toddles and sits by the door to the balcony to look outside.



Unable to resist his little face I offered him a walk, thinking the thunder had ceased for the moment, but not actually looking out of the window at the rain. Well he hadn't looked so happy all day and went to find his lead.


We headed out the front door and it was then I realised that we were going to get very wet....but unable to back out of my promise of 'walkies' had to go...


I've just got changed...soaked to the skin..Gary was loving jumping in and out of the puddles, whilst I encouraged him to 'do his business!!' so we could get back. I guess he could feel my desire to get back in the dry because we were out there nearly 30 minutes and he waited until we were nearly home, with his mummy totally frustrated, to finally do what he was supposed to...it was if he was laughing at me...


They call these the dog days...now I know why!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...